Grade 10: Microsoft Word
Lesson 1 – Use the Ribbon and Quick Access Tool Bar
Download the Word document below before proceeding to the self-assessment.
Lesson 1 – Use the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
1 – Use the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
Open the file that you downloaded for this lesson and complete the following:
- Click on File and look at all the options you can choose from.
- Click on Options at the bottom to open it.
- Click on Advanced inside Options and look at the options.
- Click on Cancel to close Options.
- You are now on the Home ribbon tab. See if you can find the different groups on the Home ribbon tab. The name of the first group is Clipboard.
- Click on the Dialog Box Launcher in the corner of the Font group and look at the options under the Advanced tab. Click Cancel toe close it.
- Click on all the other ribbon tabs (Insert, Design, etc) and look at the available options.
- Click on the View ribbon tab and switch on the Ruler. Switch it off again.
- Double-click on any ribbon tab to collapse the ribbon. Note that only the names of the ribbon tabs are now displaying. Double-click on any ribbon tab to see the ribbon in its normal size.
- Look in die Status bar at the bottom of the screen to see how many words we have in this document.
- Use the plus sign on the Zoom Slider to the right of the Status bar to zoom in on the page. Use the minus sign now to return to 100%.
- Use the shortcut Ctrl Scroll to zoom in and then to zoom out again.
- Add the following commands to the Quick Access Toolbar: Bold, Change Case and Borders.
- Move the Quick Access Toolbar to show below the ribbon. Note that it is no longer visible at the top of the window.
- Move the Quick Access Toolbar back to display above the ribbon.